*Pictures are clicked by Chandru, the official photographer of ‘Ramadan 2016- 3o days, 30 reviews’ feature*
As soon as we entered, we were in love with the theme, from the stunning and magical 88 Arabic lanterns to the beautiful colour combinations and palm trees! There are over 7 stations with many varieties and for each, the presentation is carefully done. It is absolutely a treat for the eyes as for the beautiful ambiance and great services as well.
Al Bahou at Movenpick Ibn battuta offers Iftar for AED 170 (per person) inclusive of soft beverages and Ramadan juices.
- Assorted dates and dry fruit
- Ramadan Juices station (Jallap, Kamarudine, Orange Juice, Krkaday, Laban Iran)
- Salad bar
A wide variety of fresh ingredients and excellent dressings.
- Baba Ghanouj- It was made of eggplant blended with finely diced onions and tomatoes. Rich and smoky with creamy texture making it an ultimate dip with arabic bread.
- Pumpkin Salad- Beautiful salad full of fresh flavours with a little bit of sweetness.
Cold and Hot Mezza
Variety of delicious and light sushi! You rarely find a separate station for sushi at buffets but I guess Al Bahou has it all!
Bakery Basket (Arabic Bread, Tandoor Roti, Butter Naan, International Bread Rolls and Loafs)
The saj manakesh live station was definitely one of the most popular station among us. It is interesting to watch the delightful baked good by your own eyes, the best thing of the manakish was the delicious filling inside with so many options available. (Fillings- Lamb / Kashkaval Cheese / Mouhammara /Zattar / Labneh / Potato / Spinach / Halloum)
- Chicken Shawarma
- Lamb Ouzi
The lamb was a little dry and too chewy for my liking.
While discovering the main course, we realized there is something for everyone and that was one of the main highlight of our experience. On the other hand, one of my friends found the vegetarian options being very less.
- Arabic Mix Grill
- Shish Tawoq, Lamb Kofta, Shish Kabab- All three kebabs were cooked well. Simply tender, fresh and juicy!
- Fish Sayadiah- Full of spices and sweetness, rice being well seasoned with perfectly cooked pieces of fish! Hearty and satisfying! Must have!
- Chicken Fatih
IBN BATTUTA TRAVELS
- Chicken Tajine
Asian including Indian (Butter Chicken, White Rice, Marmites Chicken, Sautéed Bok Choy)
Italian (Baked Pasta)
Yet again, the variety is impressive as there are traditional sweets and international treats and you might get confused what to have! I am always a little more excited about the desserts than the other courses but I was disappointed as they tasted quite average.
You may have,
Overall, it was a successful discovery as for Al Bahou has a lavish spread with variety of delicious dishes plus the setup was on point but the desserts could have been much better.
Thank you Manal and rest of the team!
- AED 170 (per person) inclusive of soft beverages and Ramadan juices.
- http://www.movenpick.com/en/middle-east/uae/dubai/hotel-dubai-ibn-battuta offers/offer-detail/ramadan-iftar/