*Note- Busaba Eathai is reviewed by Haroon Tahir who is not only a great writer but an excellent poet as well. Read his poems, musings and ramblings at @musingsofharoon on Instagram (I guarantee that it’s worth following, go do it!)*
Busaba Eathai is a Thai eatery located at The Beach, JBR, whose claim to fame is its modern Thai cuisine served on communal tables. A Thai food lover, I was extremely excited at the prospect of trying out their new, re-furbished menu.
The ambiance of the restaurant was quite homely and welcoming and the mixture of ceiling fans (also a welcome respite during these warm fall nights) and the low, relaxed lighting proved an ideal fit for the beach in the background and the communal-table setting makes a great backdrop to socialize with family or friends.
The starters included Prawn Cracker, Duck Buns, Goong Todh and Tom Kha Mushroom which fell massively short of the standard and did not really satiate my appetite.
The main course brought our hopes up, my particular favorites were the new additions to the menu and the char-grilled delicacies which included Char-Grilled Lamb Chops, Char-Grilled Beef Ribs and Char-Grilled Prawns. The Char-Grilled Prawns were grilled to perfection and the chili lime sauce proved to be a perfect complement to it, adding a tangy twist to the delicacy. The other main courses were nowhere as impressive with the Phad Thai Chicken proving to be an average dish, with the mixture of rice noodles, tofu, chicken and egg falling flat on flavor.
The Thai Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango had impeccable texture and sugary taste of the rice giving the entire dessert just the right amount of sweetness.
For more information,
- Call- 04 4281421
- or visit http://thebeach.ae/StoreDetails/Busaba%20Eathai%20Dubai
Thank you Rasha and rest of the team!
We also visited (self paid) nine months ago and these were the dishes we ordered,
- Crab-meat egg fried rice– A friend of mind told me that it is a classic and much beloved Thai dish. According to my taste buds, flavorful rice and more like street food. It came along with Thai chilli sauce which tasted well with everything on the table. Altho, the portion size wasn’t good enough for two.
- Jungle Chicken Curry- The curry sounded absolutely tempting with bamboo shots and french bean but it didn’t taste as good as it looked.
- Char-grilled chicken was the best dish, delicious—tender and juicy and the combination of succulent sticky rice with vibrant spicy salad and sauce was spot on.
- Pad Phed Chicken – The combination of Thai aubergine, chicken give a good deal of flavour , which is balanced with the fresh green peppercorn and long beans! I had never had Thai aubergine before and I loved it! It tasted good with all the other dishes as well.
- Smoked Chicken Wok Noodles- This is a versatile dish but it can be easily turned into a tasty supper with the addition of some more vegetables as the chicken didn’t taste well at all.
- Por-Pia joy(Vegetable Spring Rolls)– One bite and it was a no no dish for me.
- Sorbet Mango and Coconut Ice Cream and Chocolate Cashew-nut Brownie with Caramel Cream is must haves. The presentation was well done for both!
#Discovering @busabaeathai 🍴 Busaba Eatthai is an extensive library of delicious Thai food! I am a DESSERTARIAN 🍩🍮🍪🍰 Btw this is Sorbet Mango and Coconut Ice Cream and Chocolate Cashewnut Brownie with Caramel Cream (Yes, I eat ice cream in winter) 😍 Thank you @thebeachdubai for the voucher from the festive advent calendar 🎉 #Foodie #MyDubai #ZomatoDubai #BusabaEatThaiDubai #Thai #Thaifood #food